Sunday 31 March 2019

MD2Research

This week I did some research into fonts and what ones would be best to use for our e-learning game. The type of font that is chosen has to reflect the game itself since the game is aimed at a younger audience the font will have to suit their criteria such as, easy to read distinguishable style and also have a fun and fresh tone that goes with the game.

I read some online articles that give helpful tips on how to pick the right font for a project, these articles where a he help and gave me helpful points on how to go about finding the perfect font for a new project.
Article on font designing why its important
Choosing fonts for marketing

Fonts make a huge difference to your work because if the font is wrong it can give off the wrong mood and tone to the audience, if the font is too hard to read people aren't going to enjoy their experience with the project.

The fonts I choose all came from fontspace this website I found was the best place to find exactly what I was looking for from my research , I was looking for a fun that:


  1. Went with the fun theme of Tiny Farm
  2. Was easy enough to read 
  3. Would entice audiences
  4. Not be too bold or harsh on the eyes
  5. Work with the overall look and feel of the game 
These are the 5 fonts that I narrowed down from a long list that would suit the game and tick all the boxes.







These fonts suited the title Tiny Farm best I choose fonts that I found to be the most childlike and fun and would also go with a simple arial font which will most likely be used for the speech bubbles when the farmer is giving out instructions for the game.

This week I also made another illustration for the game. I created a bunny that I thought would be nice to have show up on the levels as a little Easter egg so when the audience spots the hidden bunny they can earn themselves a point in the game level they are on.

This week I also tried to find some videos that would help us and give us some guidance while making a e-learning game. I found one video that seemed to be of help and went through the stages of creating and interactive online game. The video was over an hour long and the first 20 minutes didn't really help but as the video went on it went thorough what to do when making a fun game and what should be added to optimise the users experience.








1 comment:

  1. Hiya Emma, I’ve been following a few people you have working on this game, I like to see each side of it and how it's developing and I have to say this looks amazing, I really like the colour scheme and fonts you’re going with, it is definitely pleasing to the eye, I also feel that the animals and such promote a good experience for any children playing the game, the 2nd font seems to stick out most to me and I feel could be a good choice for you all, the game has a lot of potential in my opinion, I really see this as a project that I feel could become more than just a college project, I feel you all could definitely make this a real thing for kids in schools, if I can give any suggestions I guess I would say to try see how each level will look with the fonts mapped out in different colours of the colour wheel using complimentary colours like purple and yellow as an example, either way I think your groups game will be amazing once it’s finished.

    ReplyDelete