Wednesday 26 September 2018

Workshop 1

In the lecture we worked on a traffic light exercise. I was not familiar with this exercise before hand so it was interesting to learn about and to try and figure out how a four way junction works. I learned how confusing and frustrating it is to try and explain how a junction works, its very different from being a passenger in a car and thinking you have the knowledge of how everything works when really you don't at all. When you are in a car you get into the pattern of not really focusing on everything thats happening you know whats gonna happen and when its gonna happen, but when it comes to explaining it its a completely different story.

I enjoyed working in a group because I got to work with people I had never worked with before. It was a lot at the start because everyone had different ideas about how the traffic lights would work. Everyone was great though we all got a chance to explain our ideas and voice our concerns and our agreements. All of the group members would then give their individual opinion and we would then see who had the best way and understood the exercise. I enjoyed how open everyone was in my group no one was trying to overpower anyone and everyone felt comfortable enough to voice their opinions.

I like that I am writing about my experience because it helps me to reflect on what I learned from the experience. Its also something that I've never really had to do before for another module. I feel it will benefit me as we go along with the module and I will become accustomed to doing it every week. I really enjoyed this exercise because it was something new and gave me an idea of how this module will be and how I will learn new skills.

My experience with teamwork

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the exercise, I hoped you guessed thatv the answer wasn't important - it was the process and working together that mattered - Its the same with this blog the very fact that you have to write will allow you to reflect on your progress. I hope you enjoy the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete