Sunday 7 October 2018

"Feedback Thoughts"

Feedback is something I always in a sense kind of dread because all I think about are the negatives of feedback and not the positives. For years this has been my mindset and I would like to change that because I know feedback is a good thing but sometimes its hard to believe that.

The first article I read was "Neil Gaiman's advice on creative life". I really enjoyed reading this article becasue of how positive it was. Gaiman is brilliant at explaining the truth about mistakes and how they aren't necessarily a bad thing but a good thing that helps us learn and experiment. I will definitely take on what was said in this article, I usually only see the bad in feedback as I said earlier but I will now as Gaiman said "Make them into art". I think that mistakes are always categorized as these horrible embarrassing things and I have been thought that from a very young age thought school, but they aren't they can be an inspiring change and a learning curve in life.
Full Article

The next article I read was "Silence the critical voices in your head" by Sabina Nawaz. I took interest in this article because I thought reading it would benefit me and help me to change my mindset. I like how this article gave good and applicable tips to the reader. I enjoyed how there was an example of a real person who dealt with the troubles of the critical voices and how even when he was getting great and amazing feedback all he could focus on was the small fraction of negativity. What I will be taking from this article is to believe the positives and to hear them, I think this is something everyone should do.
Full Article



No comments:

Post a Comment