Thursday 18 October 2018

Unity Tutorial 3

In this weeks unity tutorial the task was to create a simple clock that would display the current time. I found it a little bit difficult to follow the instructions at times and would find myself getting frustrated when it wouldn't be working the way it should. I did like that we weren't following a video this week, It was nice to have a set of notes and guidelines to go by and as I finished a step it was refreshing to just see the nest step written out in text.

Creating a game object was simple enough to do and was easy to understand. Creating the clock face was fun to do but it was kind of hard at parts in my opinion but I did liked doing it and putting in the different values. The periphery was interesting to make I liked creating a separate material for it and changing the colour. It was extremely difficult doing the next steps it took me a while to get an understanding of what I was doing.

Making the arms was very taxing to do but I am happy that I was able to create them cause at times I thought I wasn't going to be able to. Animating the clock was interesting cause I had to add in code which wasn't to bad because the code was provided so it was just making sure that I copied everything and that the code was in the right place and that everything that needed to work was doing what it should. Putting in all the code for the arms, rotating the clock basically making the clock perfect was painstaking at times to do but it was very rewarding when the code would work and the clock came together. I look forward to expanding my skills and hopefully becoming more efficient
with unity.


1 comment:

  1. Nice blog post Lou, The coding part was different. Similar in a way to what we normally do in Web Design but more tricky as we're not as familiar. But Eventually we'll become familiar. I also liked the text instructions. It's better than having to constantly pause the video and watch what the person does and try to emulate that. This was easier.

    Nice blog

    ReplyDelete