Tuesday 2 October 2018

Game Design

I have never before looked into all there is to know about game design. I liked reading these articles because it helped me to understand more about what is involved in game design and how much time and effort is put into making a playable and enjoyable game.

The essence of Euro-Style Games 
The articles all taught me something I hadn't known before I read them. Before today I had honestly never knew there was Euro-Style games. They don't seem to involve many elements which I like cause I tend to get distracted if a game has too many elements my attention will tend go to something else. I have now found out that I prefer Euro-Style games they are easy to play but also dont give the answers you have to make choices.

Pulling the plug in defence of Non-digital teaching and learning
I really enjoyed the article talking about how it is better to teach with non-electronic games to learn electronic game design. I fully believe that this is a great way to learn electronic game design because  I am. beginner and I feel like if I tried to straight away dive in and learn electronic game design electronically I would be overwhelmed and not be confident in myself. If I was too learn first with non-electronic games I would be more comfortable and be able to expand my skills and understand more about gaming in general.

So You're Going to Make A Game For The Very First Time
I also really liked the article "So you're going to make a game for the very first time". This article had so many informative and useful points of information for beginners like me. Something I will definitely be taking from this article to "reign back your ambition. I have a tendency to sometimes rush into things and make things too intricate, so I now know that this is something that could make me very stressed so I should go with the usual instead of the unusual as it will work more in my favour.


No comments:

Post a Comment