Thursday 25 October 2018

Unity Tutorial 4

This week in the unity tutorials we were using raycast again and how to make UI elements, I really liked using unity this week as I find I am becoming more accustomed with using it but at times it still proves difficult. I became familiar with what an action key/text is and found out how to use them efficiently.  I enjoyed adding in the cursor elements I thought it was interesting, it was good to learn how to create an action and have it display.

Adding the raw image to the cursor was fun to do but got a bit confusing as I kept going wrong when following the steps but learned along the way. I then created the C# script for the the gem that was was collected by using an action. The tutorial then went on to explain more about variables and I enjoyed working more with the c# script this week. It was interesting to see how the code works and just how important it is.

I liked how in the tutorial we learned more about adding in the environmental elements, this is such an important thing for me to know and learn and I found it easy enough to follow along with the video. Adding in the fence was easy enough to do and the instructions where clear. I really enjoyed learning how to create a weapon and then learning how to make it usable for the person playing by downloading the axe element. It was interesting to actually create it in unity and adjusting the sizing and making sure all the elements were there, I had to be really careful to not make mistakes or forget anything creating the weapon. Animating was fun to explore and learning how to record so it can either loop or just play once.

Adding in the audio wasn't easy to do because its obviously something I have never done before. It took me a while to really understand what I was doing and to wrap my head around why certain things were used. But I eventually was able to follow the tutorial and have a better understanding. The was a lot of C# script used in these tutorials which I was happy about because I want to be more in tune with using it.


No comments:

Post a Comment