Thursday 4 October 2018

Unity Tutorial 01

This week I learned about unity before last week I had no idea what it was or how it worked. Unity from my small experience this week is a system we will be using to make our games. I first watched the tutorials which really helped understand and how to use unity.

I had a bit of trouble downloading unity every time I would try and download it it would crash and when I did finally get it to download it would crash again this was very annoying as I would be in the middle of following a tutorial going through steps and it would just decide not to work. I was able to create with the tutorials just not as easily as I would've liked.

What I did like about Unity was its set-up it wasn't too hard to understand and work with it of course was a bit confusing because I had never used it before but once I kept going back to the tutorials I felt more at ease.

I liked that in unity most of the tabs can be moved around and you can kind of create a workspace that suits you. I learned how to add in my different objects which was quite easy and fun to do and how box collider is used so a character can't go though an object I found this step interesting. I like how adding a terrain can make a huge difference to your game. There is so many different tools in unity it will take some time for me become familiar with all of them but I do enjoy using them and experimenting with them. I liked adding in the textures to my terrain it was nice to see it become more exciting to look at but I did find it difficult to keep adding new textures. I found it a bit difficult at first using Ccoding but it will hopefully become more familiar to me in the coming weeks.

I found using unity at the start really frustrating because if you make a small slip up it can be really hard to figure out but I got used to it, I'm still not entirely comfortable using Unity but I look forward to using it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment