Thursday 15 November 2018

Unity Free Tutorials

This week I had to find Unity tutorials that I thought would help me and be useful for my game.

The first Tutorial I looked at was how to put background music into unity. I wanted to check out this tutorial because my game is based around music and I was curious on how I would be able to put in background music. The tutorials tarts by downloading free music and then opening unity. Before I added the music I clicked/selected the main camera and went to the audio at the side of the screen, I then dragged in the audio file into unity and then dragged that over to the side where the audio was. It then gave information and its good to turn on loop because it will continue to play throughout. I liked this tutorial because I hadn't a clue how to add in music and this tutorial explained it really well.

The next tutorial I looked at was making a main menu for the start of the game by Jimmy Vegas. This tutorial was ok to follow I found that it a bit difficult though to get to work at times even though I was following it and doing parts over and over again. The scripting was very simple only a few lines of code it was ok dragging the script then into a new game object and getting the buttons to actually work proved challenging. I did like this tutorial because it was very straight forward and there was no fussing about in the future I would like to change the font and the colour of the buttons just to make it suit my game better.

The next tutorial I watched was how to create score and counting by jimmy Vegas. The first thing I had to do was add a game object then add a component which was a new script, I followed the scripting and more but I was finding it too difficult and it was done in Java script rather the C#. I ended up watching and trying to create as the tutorial went on but it wasn't going as I hoped.




No comments:

Post a Comment