Thursday 8 November 2018

Unity Tutorial 5

In the Unity tutorial episode nine Jimmy Vegas gives instructions on how to use a sky box in your game and how it changes the effect of what people see. I learned how to apply the skybox as a material the skybox is usually set on a default one so I learned how to make the skybox more of what I would like it to be for my game and future reference. Learning how to manipulate the scene lighting was fun it was great to know and will come in handy. I enjoyed playing with and experimenting with the environmental lighting it is such a simple and easy effect but adds a lot of character. The tutorial went on to explain how you can turn of the directional light and skybox to make the scene be quite dark I didn't try this out as it isn't an effect that I will be needing. The tutorial continued on and explained how to create wind zones and what they are.  I learned how to add in wind zones to different areas it was easy enough to add in the wind zones, it was very fun to experiment with the turbulence.

In the next tutorial I learned how to pick up the axe that we added into our game.  The tutorial explained how to make a cube collider surrounding the axe, we did this so that the axe would then be able to be picked up the tutorial shows how to put the axe into a tree it then went over to use C# Script to pull it out it was a bit complicated to follow the instructions sometimes during this part I found myself replaying the video a lot but it was great to finally get it to work. I liked learning and adding in the fade screens we did a bit of script work for this and used it as an animation and put it in an animation folder. I found the fade screen a little bit tedious at parts but I got the general gist of what it was doing and how to add it into my game.

These tutorials where quite nice to learn from and also allowed for a bit of experimentation which I liked a lot. I think these tutorials will benefit me when I am creating my own game.




No comments:

Post a Comment